Internship General Description
Invest Detroit Ventures (IDV) is the venture capital arm of Invest Detroit that makes early-stage investments in high growth, high technology companies with unique products and services that have large-scale potential to disrupt industries.
Invest Detroit Ventures is looking for a summer intern for 2018. This candidate will assist with programmatic and marketing support across both our portfolio engagement and community outreach initiatives.
- Program management/marketing support for Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition: $1MM annual pitch competition for high-tech, high-growth companies in Michigan.
- Program management/marketing assistance for Hacker Fellows: Fellowship and Internship, tech talent & retention program for young software developers and startups.
- Assisting in execution of our digital marketing strategy that includes: content creation; social media engagement; newsletter deployment; and campaign analysis
- Tracking digital marketing campaigns to evaluate increased engagement and impressions.
- Develop update materials and reporting for stakeholders
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Unique perspective on specific technologies and industries.
- Prior work experience or leadership roles in extra-curricular activities, especially managing budgets and executing events.
- Entrepreneurial experience.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Squarespace & Wordpress).
- Familiarity with MailChimp & HootSuite.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A true individualist and always willing to be genuine amongst our team.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or Masters/Advanced Degree in Entrepreneurship, Computer Science/Engineering or Marketing
- Minimum GPA of 3.3/4.0
Midtown, Detroit, Michigan
To learn more about the Venture Development Internship at Invest Detroit Ventures, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.