An early-seed investment fund in Michigan
The First Capital Fund will provide capital to new technology companies at the earliest stages of commercialization in the State of Michigan. The fund will provide up to $150K through quick, flexible financial instruments.
The fund is milestone-driven and focused on helping companies achieve follow-on funding from angel or venture investors within 12 months. The Invest Detroit Ventures team will work with companies and release funding based on milestone achievement and market execution.
Want to apply to the fund or refer a company to the fund?
The First Capital Fund serves pre to early seed companies with founder teams. Applicable companies should be post-ideation. The referral form requires the uploading of an executive summary or pitch deck.
General Applicant Guidelines:
- More than one FTE with key founders and staff located in Michigan
- High-tech start-up with strong potential for additional angel or venture financing
- $50-150k investment is sufficient to deliver metrics and milestones that will result in angel or venture funding
- Willing to accept a standard convertible note
- Product is past concept
- Company is a for-profit LLC, C Corp, or S Corp
- Incorporated less than 18 months ago*
- Total debt and equity financing received is less than $500,000*
* Please apply even if your company does not meet the incorporation date or total funding guidelines.